The Cove Road PS Force Main Project consisted of the installation of a new, approximately 2142 linear feet of HDPE sixteen-inch outside diameter force sewer main located in the Town of Tiburon and the City of Belvedere under the base bid. The pipe will be installed through open cut method for the new HDPE sewer force main. This project also consist of the installation of a 2nd connection from Tiburon Pump station #6. This line is a 152 linear foot 6.625” Outside diameter HDPE sewer force main. The notice inviting bids was advertised in April 30, 2020, and bids were opened on May 19, 2020.
The engineer’s cost estimate for the project was $1,902,385 for the base bid of 2,142 linear ft of new pipe installation. The District recieved 5 bids ranging from $1,971,971-$2,370,141
The District awarded the contract to Maggiora & Ghilotti Inc.
Construction for this project began in July 2020 and was completed in February 2021.
Total Construction Cost Fact Summary:
- Approved to date contract end date (substantially complete) = February 20, 2021. Contractor substantially complete on February 23, 2021.
- Total Completed Construction Costs: $2,278,382.63
- Total Construction Bid Amount $2,241,971.00
- Amount Over Approved Contract: + $36,411.60
- Reimbursement amount from Town: -$22,992.50
- Total SD5 Construction amount: $2,264,963.50 (+$13,419.10 over) 1% incr.