The District No. 5 now seeks a motivated, team-oriented, numbers-focused individual to join the District as Finance/Administration Manager.
The Finance/Administration Manager will report directly to, and work closely with, the District Manager. The position manages all financial matters of the District, including warrants, receivables, payroll, risk management, budgeting, insurance, purchasing, and all financial reporting. The Finance/Administration Manager oversees all administrative support activities including personnel, training, benefits, and office support. The Finance/Administration Manager will prepare for Board and committee meetings, attend and take minutes of those meetings and work closely with the Board on such matters. All administrative and operational functions, except those of the plant, are the responsibility of the Finance/ Administration Manager. This exciting leadership position provides an opportunity for a motivated individual with Special District management experience to join a growing organization and provide vital financial and operational management services to an expanding community service provider.
The Ideal Candidate
For this position, the District seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, high-level professional to assume full responsibility for a major aspect of the District’s operation. The successful candidate will have experience in the field, have a professional history that demonstrates the following necessary attributes and qualities:
- A history of providing high-level professional financial management and reporting support to a District or agency.
- Demonstrated office management skills with a specific focus on financial operations (knowledge of Quickbooks) and management including Board preparation and reporting. We seek a person who can work closely with a Board on issues relating to meetings and records management.
- Ability to work independently yet willing to learn and work as part of a team.
- Self-motivation is important, as is tact, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- A positive customer service orientation, internally and externally, and an ability to foster that attitude throughout the organization.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The current monthly salary for the Finance/Administration Manager position is $6,258 - $8,387/MO. Sanitary District 5 offers a comprehensive benefits program for employees. The package includes:
- New Members - 2% @ 62 Formula CalPERS
- Classic Members- 2% @ 60 Formula Retirement
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Social Security
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Health Insurance
- Deferred Compensation
Applicants who are invited to continue in the selection process will be notified by U.S. Mail or telephone. Successful applicants’ names will be placed on an eligibility list, which will remain in effect for 18 months from the date it is established. Additional vacancies that occur for this classification may be hired from this list.